Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Where I've been






Well like everyone else in the blogging world I wonder where our summer has gone. I have done a bit of stitching which I will post later this week but first up some summer vacation pix.
We had a great time in New York city with our children. A visit to the Empire State building was exciting and no line up to get in. This little critter crept into my line of vision quite often though!
We enjoyed the broadway show " Rock of Ages" with an old American Idol star Constantine Maroulis as one of the main stars. Lots of great 80's tunes. I was a big "Journey"fan back in my big hair days!!

My daughter and I enjoyed a lovely lunch at her favorite New York spot . Can you guess where it is ? Her new doll Rebecca is certainly enjoying the cinnamon buns!
The fellows took in a Mets game at the new stadium and thoroughly enjoyed it.Most of our vacations revolve around baseball stadiums! I should mention that my sons senior ball team won their consolation game at the end of August. For a team that wasn't doing great all season they sure pulled off some fun games at the end.


We'd highly recommend "Carmines" restaurant for a great meal. The portions are huge and served family style but well worth it. Here is a delicious antipasto platter that was so pretty I had to take a pic.
The M&M candy store is a fun stop too.
Always great to be with the children.
We ended our week with a baseball game in Rochester . They are alway fun with lots of entertainment and a spectacular fireworks show at the end of the game.

5 comments:

  1. Hopefully I can get this add a picture thingy fixed soon. I just can't get them to go where I want.LOL!! thats where teenage sons are handy to have !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! You're back in blogland. So happy you had a great trip.

    Last night I deleted two pictures accidentally, and then had to put them back in. I nearly threw a fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like you had a great time! We have done many a baseball vacation - but I sure wish sometimes that I'd had a girl so that I could do the American Doll thing! Thank you for stopping by my blog, I'm glad to get to know you, I think we have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for follwing my blog! Great pics you have here!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, it won't let me follow your blog right now, but I'll be back tomorrow to do that!

    ReplyDelete