Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy New Year Stitchers and friends!


My Christmas village in the front window





Lots to show as I have been saving my photos for this post. We had a great holiday and my annual working at New Years went well. Enjoyed our time with family and my Mom was certainly busy this year quilting up a storm as usual. Here are the pictures to show !Here is my daughter with a beautiful Jim Shore angel at
church.

My parents gift laden tree! It always looks so beautiful. That huge bag with the Santa on it was for me!! Along with the goodies I will show you shortly , my Mom had got me some pieces from my Thistle crystal that is discontinued. It was the never ending bag!! Santa was good to all of us.My Mom loved her cross stitch box. I was so happy it turned out so well and I was able
to get it done for Christmas.




Our Christmas day dessert , Toblerone cheesecake . I think a little mouse had a sample.
We had dinner with my parents and next year we will be with my inlaws. This year I actually brought along some cross stitch to do while the card game was going on . I will show that in a future post. I did play scrabble though but can never beat my husband or SIL!






The beautiful Christmas cardinal quilt my
Mom made for my daughter!





A close up shot , I love the colours!




My beautiful surprise quilt and a close up!
But wait there is more.....!!!









My Mom also made my DD and I these beautiful quilted bags! I just love the colours on these too!

Now onto stitchy stuff. I got this beautiful kit that I am looking forward to starting. I love snowmen!


So that is it for today . I will have some stitching to share next time as I have a UFO that I pulled out of my stash for Valentine's day to finish and have to show my work on 'Lo how a Rose'
Hope everyone is having a great stitchy month!






1 comment:

  1. WOW!! What a fun post full of eye candy. Clearly you get your talent with needle and thread from your mother, because the quilt and the totes that she made are amazing!! Wow. I just love that quilt. Your daughter is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete